Thursday, February 7, 2013



My life verse.  Be still.  (And know.)

It's interesting that I was led to this verse on occasions that I didn't really have any reason not to be still.  There have been times in my life that I've been too busy, or at least I thought I was, and I took this verse literally as I would just stop and enjoy some empty time for a bit.  As I have grown older, I realize how much more this verse means.

Be still.  Have you ever just been lying in bed, completely still, with your mind still racing a million miles a minute?  Sure, we all have.  These are the times when I have to concentrate most on this verse, but over the past few years it has also given me peace through some crazy experiences.

Be still.  Our very spirit can become restless, uneasy, sometimes, and we are commanded to "be still and know".  That means we have to stop, reel it in a moment, and realize that God is in control of whatever the situation may be, and our breath and our stress is being needlessly wasted.  I tend to not worry about much, or when I do it isn't very long-lived.  It's because I have this verse ingrained in my very spirit, because there are so many times that I just have to be still and know that He is God.  If we don't believe this, and we don't allow God to be God in the worst of situations, then what kind of faith do we really have?

At this very moment, I'm being still.  I'm relying on the fact that God is God.  I rest in knowing that as this messed up world spins with me on it, God is the very one spinning it.  I rely on His comfort and peace.  I know that in His infinite knowledge, God sits on His throne so that I can sit here and be still.

Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment