Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sooooo relaxed....

So after a couple of weeks of nearly drowning, almost choking, and burning myself with boiling liquid, I decided it was time to relax...

You would think that simply being out of work for 10 weeks of the Summer would be an instant relaxation. It isn't. Work is still in your head, and it takes a bit to wind down from what you've been through for the rigorous months of the school year. I think I finally started relaxing today. I'm not sure why, but I think it may just be the fact that I realized that I need to.

I got up this morning and got ready to head to the church. I'm getting ready for a mission trip to West Virginia. The week after that we have Vacation Bible School. The weekend that ends, we are heading to North Carolina to join my brother's church in doing backyard Bible clubs in their community. When I shared this with Ken, he said, "Don't overdo it this Summer." My first thought was, "Am I overdoing it already?" My next thought was actually a laugh.

These things are not work for me. They are things that I long to do every day of my life. If I could get paid to do something other than what I do right now, that's what I would want to do. The fact that I can get out and meet people and share the Gospel with them for three weeks straight is overwhelmingly wonderful!

I can sleep late each day, hang out at the pool during the day, and chill in my off times. In West Virginia, I will run on pure adrenaline all week and sleep fitfully on the church floor each night. When I get home and set into VBS, I will sleep late once again, hang out at the pool, and leisurely head to church to teach the little children. And as far as heading to North Carolina is concerned, I can't imagine a greater opportunity than working with my brother and his family in ministering to others!

So, my June may sound crazy to some people in my life, but there is nothing I want more than to serve the Lord and follow His call. Sometimes when we are working full time and taking care of a family of 6, we tend to not have extra time for anything at all. This Summer will give me time to spend quality time with my family, and in addition, share the love of Christ with people from South Carolina to North Carolina to West Virginia. I just can't imagine a better way to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment