Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Umm... Can't think of a clever title for this....


So you know how a newspaper issues a retraction when something inappropriate is printed or inaccurate is stated? Well, yesterday's post was truthful, so I'm not retracting. However, I would like to share the rest of the story....

The past few years have been tough ones financially. Heck, they have been super crappy. We have been through job losses to the point that the last one left me saying, "oh well." It's a horrifying thing the first time it happens, because you think, "where will we live? how will we eat? what about the kids?" By the 4th loss, you think, "dang, God, here we go again. I know You'll provide like You always do."

Ken has been out of work A LOT. This is a man who wouldn't back down from hard work for anything in the world, especially when it comes to his family. I mean, the man went from being an account executive making good money to delivering pizzas to put food on our table. If there was a ditch to be dug, he would have been a ditch digger. Having said all of that, let me tell you why Ken doesn't hear his alarm in the mornings.

He's pooped. Life has beat him up. His butt has officially been kicked. It may take him a little while to get going, but when he does, he goes at it with everything he's got. He started a new job just a few weeks ago, hopefully the last one before he retires, and he has really worked some hours. He said the other night, "man, I don't even want to count up how many hours I've worked this week." Guess what? I did. It was between 75 and 80. Holy cow. That's a lot. It's especially a lot when you have been out of work and doing nothing for 3 months. It's quite the adjustment. That's a hard-working man. He told me when he started this job, "Honey, I'm going to give this job everything I've got." I replied, "Babe, you always have."

So I'm not retracting what I said yesterday, because Ken even by his own admission just had a rough morning. He came home last night and said, "Sorry I was an a** this morning." I just nodded and said, "Yes, you were, but I forgive you." Pretty cool, huh? (Can I get that in writing?) Do I still wish he would get up when his alarm goes off? Absofreakinlutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment