Friday, July 30, 2010

Sweet Summertime continues...

As I was lying in the sun today, I thought of how blessed I am to be able to spend time during the Summer with my kids. I kick around the possibilities of trying for other jobs where I may be able to make more money, but then I remember that I love my job and enjoy being off with my kids when they are off.

We will be returning soon too, and I always go through about a week where I miss my kids terribly. Mind you, they do get on my nerves some too, but I enjoy being available to them when they need me. I'm kind of excited however about the new school year because I will have a new classroom and will be working with 6th grade students instead of 5th grade. You may think that's not a big difference, but something really does happen to those hormones during that Summer in between! I'm essentiallly moving up with my students though, so that will be wonderful!

What I am not looking forward to is the rigorous schedule that the new school year will bring. No more staying up until midnight and sleeping until Dr. Phil. Getting up at 5:20 a.m. will force me to turn in between 9 and 9:30 I'm sure. No more Dr. Phil.

Also, there is so much homework! I'm thankful that I get to work firsthand with teachers now and see things from their point of views, because otherwise I may wonder why they insist on torturing me with all of the work after work. I also have always had the opinion that homework should only happen when a student does not complete what he or she is supposed to do in class. However, I now know that a school day is packed full and doesn't always allow all of the time needed to complete everything necessary. Again, that's good, because I sure seem to spend a lot of time helping these young 'uns get their work done at home. Between that, housework, and keeping an extra-curricular schedule, there is hardly time to breathe.

Geez, I almost talked myself out of being ready to go back to work. When I read it back, I feel overwhelmed! My point actually was going to be that Summertime is sweet and fun, but we should find joy in every season. While I will definitely find joy in the cooler temperatures of Fall, I'll have to let you know later if there is joy to be found in the new school year. It's according to how much time I can find to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment