Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm a roadie at heart...

Yes, I believe Tina and I are rocker chicks at heart. We decided that we would make pretty good roadies. Friday was just an incredible start to a wonderful weekend!

I am so blessed to be a part of a church that reaches out and touches the lives of the teenagers of our community. Just as big a blessing is the fact that we held a Christian concert at a public school with so much support. The local Fellowship of Christian Athletes was the catalyst really, and in the end we had at least 350 people in attendance! More importantly, lives were rocked for Christ. I know at least one young man was saved, because I saw him wracked with tears of release, a peace in his eyes that you just can't explain to someone who doesn't have it. I know that many other lives were changed, because it would be impossible for us to attend an event like this one and not be changed.


Due to my fabulous new job, I was able to commit myself to the entire day Friday. We started at about 10 a.m. with the arrival of DecembeRadio. (Aren't they just the cutest things? A bunch of cool, handsome, Godly guys, standing with two old motherly women. haha... Sorry, Tina.) We were all overwhelmed I think at the hearts of these guys. It was just evident that God uses them as they minister through their music. When all was said and done, I can honestly say that they were one of the best bands (if not THE VERY BEST) I have EVER heard in concert. They were amazing.


Also included in our day was a band called The Museum. Yet another adorable groups of guys using their talents to glorify the Lord. It's just fun to be around guys like this, especially for the younger kids that helped us, because they are evidence that you can serve the Lord and still be who you are... unique individuals.


Later in the day, Billly Wayne, Jacob, Carmen, and Derek arrived to join us. When they come into town, it's like family has arrived. They are all so precious and loved. Their ministry and their hearts for the Lord are just so inspiring. Billy is so bold in how he deals with everyone, and there is never a question about where he stands on anything. People like him are my favorites. Jacob is just a joy, and he always makes everyone smile. Derek is just adorable, and his willingness to be a part of this ministry inspires me. There aren't many young guys out there that are as mature in their spiritual walk. You very quickly see that Carmen is the balance for them all, the steady that brings the calm in the midst of these three male tornados! (And I mean this in the very best of ways!) Unfortunately, I didn't take the time to really get to know the older couple that was with them, but I have to say that they were just the cutest little things!


I am so thankful that my kids could be a part of it all. Cassie and Kylie were only there for a small time, but they at least got to experience a bit of the excitement we were all feeling through the afternoon's festivities. Jordan spent the whole day though, and I won't steal the thunder from her blog, but suffice is to say that she had one of the most amazing days she has ever had I believe. Lauren came in later, after school, but she still was able to be a close up part of what was going on, and she was even able to step onto the tour bus. What a night for us all.


Our youth ministry just can't be beat. God has blessed so much, and I am so happy to be a small part of what He is doing. The leaders I work with are just Godly people that enjoy doing His work. We had more fun than anyone should ever be allowed to, in Jesus' name! Our youth leader Scott.... gee whiz.... what can I say.... I love him like a son, and he and his wife are just more of a blessing to more people than they every really could know. I am so proud of how they have remained faithful to what the Lord has for them, and I admire them for their perseverance. I know God is going to continue just blessing their socks off! (We at Buck Creek are honored to have them as a part of our ministry team!!!)


Yes, I was tired, because I am kind of an old lady now, but I can't imagine having not been a part of Friday. It was one of the most fabulous days of ministry I have ever been a part of. My spirit longs for more opportunities like this. I pray that God will lead me to more chances to serve. I pray that He will lead my children as they seek to do His will. I pray for Decemberadio and The Museum that they will continue to glorify God. For Billly, Jacob, Carmen, and Derek, I pray that God will continue to bless their ministry beyond measure. For the Buck Creek youth ministry and Chesnee High School FCA, I know God will continue to use us as long as we exhalt His Holy Name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment