Monday, November 29, 2010

It's getting a little nippy...

,
I mean, I know it's the end of November, but I am just amazed at how chilly it is today! Thanksgiving behind us, Christmas in front of us, and who really knows what is in between?
I have been very excited lately for some reason, but I'm keeping it deep inside. As a result, I've spent the past few weeks being very quiet. Several people have asked me if I'm okay, and I am, just a little introspective it seems.
I just feel like God is about to do something in my life. This happens every once in a while, and it's always an uneasy, exciting, tiring, thoughtful time. Anticipation can be exhausting. These are the times that I pray the most, just asking the Lord to bring me peace in all the thoughts churning in my head and my heart.
Those closest to me understand and have ridden along with me in this journey a few times. Good, bad, or indifferent, I'm not sure what's coming. Sometimes I wonder if it is just God's way of drawing me closer, and if it is I welcome it with open arms.
Job is going well, and it's been a fun new adventure. New people, new responsibilities, and new hours! Working nights is sure different for me, and it's not too bad. It's the nights that I'm not working and lying awake that are the toughest! I'm so thankful to have the new job though. It's a blessing in many ways. While I miss my school friends, I'm happy that God has given me a new opportunity.
Thanksgiving brought so many thoughts of what I'm thankful for. Instead of bringing me to think of all that I have, it took me to all that I need to be doing. My mind and heart are very ministry focused, but I can't figure out what direction the Lord wants me to go. For now, I lean in toward my family, my children, and I wait on what is next. If you catch me being quiet, it's because I'm listening for what the Lord may be telling me or where He may be leading. I'm being still on purpose, and I'm holding on for opportunities to experience His joy more fully and to share His love.
Give thanks with a grateful heart, and be still and know that He is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment