Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My favorite season...


I love Fall. The crispness of the air, the beauty of the foliage, and the excitement of the pending holiday season.
Fall has brought change to our family on many occassions. One year, it was the birth of twins. One year, it was moving to a new state. This year, a new job for me. It's funny that so many big changes have occurred in the Fall for us since we married in November. In fact, this November will be 20 years since we first said "I do"!
As I head into yet another change, I'm thankful for what it is and for what it's not. I'm glad to have a new job and new opportunity. I'm glad it isn't a job loss, because we have had those. While I love my children dearly and would gladly welcome more if we could afford it and had a place, I'm thankful that it's not the birth of any new little ones. I'm also quite glad it is not the change of moving again, because I really don't want to do that one again for a while. So, as changes go, this isn't so bad at all.
I'm not good with changes. They make me nervous. I tend to be one of those "what if" people. What if they hate me? What if the kids suffer? What if it doesn't work out? What if it has a negative affect on my family? I just don't know why in the world I tend to ask "what if". I heard one time if you're worried about something, allow your mind to think of the worst scenario for just a bit. When it comes down to it, because I have eternal hope in my life, the "what if" scenarios end up okay, each and every time.
Some "what ifs" I've run through in my mind at times:
"What if I fall?" (Okay, so you fall. If you get hurt, you get over it. If someone laughs, you laugh with them. So what? "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...")
"What if I can't do it?" (You'll learn to do it. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...")
"What if they don't like me?" ( What's not to like? "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God.")
"What if I don't like them?" (You don't really have a choice, do you? "A new command I give you, that you will love one another.")
In every single case I've ever had, God has had an answer. Not that it's ever been easy, but at least there is peace in knowing that He does have an answer. When your hope is in Him, who can we fear? In all the changes of the seasons, I rest easy in knowing....
John 14:24 - 28.... "He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."
Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment